Friday, October 18, 2013

Sharing & Celebrating

Week 8: 

This week we will sharing our work, celebrating our work, and evaluating the works of others. We will be reading each others' strories and begin working with a digital storytelling tool called Storybird.  Storybird collects art from a variety of artists and lets you use that art to express yourself.  I have signed you all up for Storybird accounts.

  1. Please see me for your login information.
  2. After you have logged in to Storybird, start exploring the tool.  Start by looking at my own story: Mary Ann Reads a Book.  Type a comment about something specific that you liked.  Then, explore at least five other stories, commenting on things that you liked.  Send me links to the stories on which you commented.  ***For ideas on how to make good, specific comments, look at my comments on YOUR stories (not the suggestions, the comments/compliments--usually the first sticky note on your final draft printed stories) AND refer back to your elements of fiction.  
    • A good, specific compliment is not: I liked your story.  
    • A good specific compliment is: I liked how you used dialogue to show how feisty your character is! Great use of indirect characterization!
    • You can view Storybirds from last year's students, too: Cat on the Run by Bry, The Tale of Cynthia Mercury by Celenia, & The Day the Clouds Drifted Away by Adara.
  3. Write at least one good specific compliment on a sticky note for each of your classmate's published work from last week. (I have these, so check with me to read them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment